Windows Update Pegasus XRL VB Runtime Error 429 – Fix
A recent Windows Update to MS Office 16 can cause the above issue with Pegasus XRL.
To fix this:
Disable updates in MS Office and use MS Office with a build of 16.0.8229.2073.
To achieve this, follow the steps below: –
- Open an Excel spreadsheet and navigate to File>Account>Office Updates>Update Option and select ‘Disable Updates’.
- Close Excel and any other MS Office applications.
- With Administrator permissions, Open the Command window.
- In the Command window, run the command;
- CD “<C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun>”
- Then run the command: OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.8229.2073
The commands, in points 4 and 5 above, must be typed exactly as stated, paying particular attention to spaces and quotes.
This process will trigger Microsoft to download and update your current build and normally takes a few minutes.
Once completed, check the build version by opening an Excel spreadsheet and navigating to File>Account>About Excel.
If you need any additional help, don’t hesitate to give us a call.