Job Type: Full-time
Closing Date: Tuesday 31st March
Company Ethos & Values
‘Best today. Better tomorrow.’ is our mission. We’re a passionate, trustworthy, forward thinking business who strives to achieve excellence is everything we do, going the extra mile for both customers and staff.
HBP Systems is a growing, award-winning supplier of business IT networks, accounting software and Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) solutions based in Hull and North Lincolnshire, with over 25 years of experience. We aim to help organisations reach their potential through the effective use of IT and software. Year on year, we invest heavily in staff training to ensure we can deliver excellent customer service.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join one of the area’s leading IT Companies, to take a lead on generating new sales opportunities?
Here at HBP Systems, we believe that we are one of the best places to work. Recently we have been named as a finalist in The UK IT Industry Awards in the Best Place to Work Category.
We are ambitious and strive to do the best for our employees and customers here at HBP and we are currently working towards The Sunday Times Top 100 small Companies to work for.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sales Consultant to join us and come work in one of our fastest growing departments in the business due to the continued success generated by our Sales Team.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and driven by success. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we are not only passionate about our customers but also our products, so we need someone who can be counted on to be a trustworthy partner for our customers and promote our services to the best of their talents.
IT and Technology are our field and we need someone who is forward thinking in their approach to generating new business leads for the company.
Experience in a small to medium sized business in sales would be advantageous.
This opportunity is the chance for you to be able to get involved across all aspects of the business which will allow you to use your full sales skillset to account manage our existing customers but also generate new business opportunities. You will be driving the sales strategy in your area and be responsible for its overall success.
To be successful in this position we are looking for someone who has a high technical knowledge and understanding of IT Systems and Software applications. This would be ideal for someone who has had experience in a technical support/installation’s role or worked in a sales capacity within this field previously.
Some of the key attributes we are looking for in this role are:
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of how businesses work.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to generate own leads and business and maximise opportunities across existing and new customers
- Experience of working with Microsoft, Sophos and other IT networking solutions would be beneficial.
- The ability to discuss and explain complex IT networks to people of all levels to present solutions
We believe here at HBP we are an amazing place to work! We believe we offer some of the leading benefits in our area so here’s a list of what’s on offer:
- A competitive basic salary with uncapped commission
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Monthly 1-2-1s to discuss you and your role
- Fruity Tuesdays
- Wellness Wednesday
- Free car parking
- Staff rewards scheme
- Bi-annual staff appreciation parties
- Regular social events and sporting activities
- Staff discount scheme
- Charity activities to raise money for staff selected causes
- Support and guidance from your very first day!
All applications will be handled by our People Department who will keep in touch with you throughout the process.
How to apply
If this opportunity sounds like something you would be interested in, please click on the link below and our People Department will be in contact once we have received your application.