HBP offer award-winning software support services to hundreds of companies throughout the UK, and a vacancy has arisen within our support team.
Seeking to expand our Software Support team, we’re offering full training and accreditation for supporting and installing Sage 200 – a business management and accounting solution for SMEs across all different industries.
Junior Support Technician – Sage Team
Based at our Scunthorpe office, you will be part of an award-winning software support team responsible for providing first-class support to hundreds of businesses nationwide. The successful candidate will have full training provided within our Sage product range as well as on hands training with our helpdesk applications and processes. You will also work closely with the software support team in maintaining our excellent customer service and industry-leading service level agreements.
As an Accredited Sage Partner, we pride ourselves on offering the best support available to our customers and are now looking to add another exceptional member to our team with this role. We anticipate that this position will be challenging, but through our structured training, learning and development program, you will be rewarded and personally contribute to our aim to reach The Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For.
Within this role some of the key things you will be responsible for are:
- Fielding 1st-line phone, email and helpdesk support requests regarding Sage.
- Maintaining our industry-leading Service Level Agreement of 1 hour response, 8 hour fix.
- Giving the best customer service possible.
- Handling support requests and finding the quickest possible route through to the resolution or elevation.
- Making sure our customers are updated on the status of their support requests in a timely manner.
Knowledge & Experience (Required)
To be our successful Junior Software Support Technician you will possess the following:
- AAT Level 2 qualification or Equivalent Experience
- A-level qualifications or Equivalent
- A passion for continual development
- Strong IT Skills
- Administration & Telephone Experience
Working for HBP Systems
We believe our people are our most valuable asset, so we’re striving to be one of the top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK. HBP Systems will provide everything possible to keep you motivated and ensure you enjoy your working life.
We offer great benefits for this role, including:
- 28-days annual holiday plus statutory holidays
- Excellent training opportunities
- Bi-Annual Staff Appreciation Parties
- 50% Funded Social Events
- Lots of opportunities to support our House Charity
- Staff discount scheme, and more!
Closing date for all applications is: Monday 30th September
Company Ethos & Values
‘Best today. Better tomorrow.’ is our mission. We’re a passionate, trustworthy, forward-thinking business who strives to achieve excellence in everything we do, going the extra mile for both customers and staff.
HBP Systems is a growing, award-winning supplier of business IT networks, accounting software and Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) solutions based in Hull and North Lincolnshire, with over 25 years of experience. We aim to help organisations reach their potential through the effective use of IT and software. Year on year, we invest heavily in staff training to ensure we can deliver excellent customer service.