Want to work for the best IT support company in the North? Do you think you have what it takes?
Right now, it’s an exciting time at HBP as we seek to expand our Purchasing Team.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing, well established business and progress your career. Specialising in IT Solutions and Accounts Software, the HBP Group are looking for an Purchase Ledger Clerk who is organised, trustworthy, reliable and passionate about making a difference within our organisation.
In this key role you will be dealing with suppliers, customers and staff and be accountable for the full Purchase Ledger Cycle including input of invoices, making payments, monitoring invoice statuses and liaising with and developing strong relationships with suppliers.
Purchase Ledger Clerk
The purchase ledger clerk role is a key position within the finance department. Responsible for the whole of the purchase ledger function; ensuring all purchase invoices are processed and paid within payment terms. You will resolve queries in a professional and timely manner, maintaining and promoting strong relationships with suppliers at all times. You will ensure a high level of communication both internally and with suppliers; ensuring you have up to date records and good knowledge and understanding of the status of all accounts on your ledger. Two part-time purchase ledger administrators will assist with the work load by completing general purchase ledger administration tasks. In addition, you will and be responsible for the reconciliation of purchase ledger reports and for the return of goods process. You will also provide expenditure information to management on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the purchase ledger cycle.
- Accurate input of purchase ledger invoices.
- Ensuring payments are made in line with invoice due dates.
- Monitor invoice status, communicating any issues to management and to suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure all queries resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintaining and developing good relations with suppliers.
- Liaising daily with purchase ledger administrators to ensure they are aware of what tasks they need to focus on to help with the smooth running of the purchase ledger function.
- Purchase ledger function, including the matching and chasing of purchase ledger documents.
- Reconciliation of query reports & supplier Statements.
- The completion of the expenditure report.
- Returning goods and the receipt of credits and refunds.
- GCSE English & Maths.
- AAT level 2 or above.
Knowledge & Experience
- Good level of accounts knowledge.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a purchase ledger role.
We believe our people are our most valuable asset and as we strive to be one of the top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK, we will provide everything we can to keep you motivated and help you enjoy your working life.
We offer great benefits for this role, including:
- Excellent training opportunities
- 25-days’ annual holiday (plus Christmas break)
- Staff discount scheme, and more!
- Annual performance based bonus
Company Ethos & Values
‘Best today. Better tomorrow.’ is our mission. We’re a passionate, trustworthy, forward thinking business who strives to achieve excellence is everything we do, going the extra mile for both customers and staff.
As one of the country’s leading IT and Business Software providers, you will be joining a business full of challenges and opportunity. Our core products include IT Infrastructure, IT Security, Accounts Software, EPOS and Telecoms. Over the past 25 years we have been delivering excellent solutions and service to our 600 (and counting) customers, and now we are looking for someone else to join the team and help!
We are an ambitious company striving to be excellent in everything we do and we take the personal development of our team very seriously. In fact, it’s at the core of our whole strategy, so you will be given the chance to grow and develop through a personal development and coaching plan. We also believe in rewarding our staff for all of their hard work. This means 25 day’s holiday (plus the Christmas break off), pension scheme, cake on your birthday, time off to support local charities and a performance related profit share. If you think HBP sounds like the sort of company you’d like to work for, then we’d love to hear from you.