We are an ambitious company, striving the be the best in everything we do. Currently we’ve got a great opportunity for an experienced IT Support Escalation Engineer to join our award-winning team and provide the highest-possible-level of support to our customers.
Dynamism, agility and flexibility are qualities that we look for in all our staff to help us attain our goal of Top 100 Best Companies to work for.
If you’ve got what it takes to make a difference in our industry and work along side some of the best, then send in your application to get the ball rolling.
IT Support Escalation Engineer
Key Responsibilities & Daily Tasks
- Ensure we give the best customer service possible.
- Follow Operations guide and SLA levels for all processes and procedures
- Ensure we always give the highest level of technical support possible.
- To provide a clear and accurate assessment of a fault by establishing a root cause. Then rectify fault or procure an adequate solution though specification of parts or by referral to the appropriate team/third party provider.
- Take all incoming hardware calls where possible that are past from help desk team, while customer is on the phone if the issue is a site down/Impaired and other engineers are unable to respond.
- Update customers on the status of the calls being dealt with
- Ensure that we respond to our customers with our agreed SLA period and to escalate any calls that are not.
- Ensure we resolve all calls that you’re dealing with within our SLA or escalate where required.
- Ensure the call are assessed for severity and dealt with accordingly
- Ensure escalation procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensure ticketing system is up-to date at all times, with the latest notes and times are put onto the calls (notes must comprehensive).
- Keep customer up-to date on all your on-going calls, ensure every call on the system is updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure that customers are provided with a call reference both verbally and via email
- Keep yourself up to date with all the latest technologies.
- Work as part of the IT Support team and support your team members.
- Ensure we charge for none contract calls.
- Ensure all call are logged correctly and changed where required.
- Calls that need engineer visit are passed over to IT Support Engineers to Book.
- Ensure at all times you keep up-to-date with your Site champion sites Anything of critical importance to be escalated to the IT Support Team Leader.
Required Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
- A passion for IT
- At least 4 years’ experience in carrying out IT Implementations
- Very strong IT Skills
- Excellent Product knowledge of the following: –
- Windows 2008/2012 Server
- Exchange 2010/2013 Server
- Cloud Solutions (Office 365/Azure)
- Virtualisation ( Hyper V/ VM ware)
- Advanced Switch & Router configuration
- Server Hardware
- Security Solutions
- Backup Solutions
- Strong organisational skills
- Microsoft or equivalent qualifications
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Reporting and Documentation skills
Benefits of Joining HBP
We believe our people are our most valuable asset and so we provide everything we can to keep you motivated and help you enjoy your working life. We offer great benefits for this role, including:
- A competitive salary with excellent future earning potential
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Diverse training opportunities
- 25 days’ annual holiday (plus Christmas break)
- A company profit related bonus
- Staff discount scheme, and more!
Company Ethos & Values
‘Best today. Better tomorrow.’ is our mission. We’re a passionate, trustworthy, forward thinking business who strives to achieve excellence is everything we do, going the extra mile for both customers and staff.
As one of the country’s leading IT and Business Software providers, you will be joining a business full of challenges and opportunity. Our core products include IT Infrastructure, IT Security, Accounts Software, EPOS and Telecoms. Over the past 25 years we have been delivering excellent solutions and service to our 600 (and counting) customers, and now we are looking for someone else to join the team and help!
We are an ambitious company striving to be excellent in everything we do and we take the personal development of our team very seriously. In fact, it’s at the core of our whole strategy, so you will be given the chance to grow and develop through a personal development and coaching plan. We also believe in rewarding our staff for all of their hard work. This means 25 day’s holiday (plus the Christmas break off), pension scheme, cake on your birthday, time off to support local charities and a performance related profit share. If you think HBP sounds like the sort of company you’d like to work for, then we’d love to hear from you.
Apply for this position
To apply for this position, please enter your details below with a covering letter and your CV